Inbound students Study Abroad and Exchange at the University of Melbourne
Re-enrolment for outbound students
This page is designed for students who are about to go on exchange (and applies also to students doing semester-long study abroad). If you are currently on exchange please go to the re-enrolment while overseas webpage.
Re-enrolment for 2018
If you are about to undertake exchange or study abroad studies, you need to re-enrol for 2018 at the University of Melbourne (UoM) by TBC.
For information about how to re-enrol at the University of Melbourne:
- Visit the re-enrolment web page. It outlines the re-enrolment steps, how to obtain assistance, the key dates (including the dates from which late fees apply and enrolments are cancelled), how and when to obtain invoices, etc. AND
- Refer also to the notes in the table below.
You may also need to enrol at the host institution.
If you are an international student whose enrolment is cancelled, your exchange or study abroad will be cancelled as will your Australian visa.
You must make sure that your contact details are up to date and you check your University email account at least once a week, during this period.
Who should re-enrol?
|Your exchange or study abroad situation||How to re-enrol at the UoM for 2018
|You will start your exchange or study abroad studies in 2018 and have received written confirmation of your acceptance from your host institution||By TBC visit the re-enrolment website and:
|You plan to undertake exchange or study abroad studies in 2018 and are awaiting written confirmation from your host institution||
Accept the 2018 Enrolment Declaration and enrol in the subjects you would undertake if studying at the UoM in 2018.
If you receive approval to undertake:
|You plan to take a break from your University of Melbourne studies in semester two 2018 after your exchange (E.G. to travel)||You need to re-enrol by the TBC due date as described above. As part of this, apply for Leave of Absence for semester two when you won’t be studying.|
* Exceptions are
- Medicine students going to Oslo enrol in MEDS60001 Exchange: Women's&Children'sHealth-Oslo
- Law students taking studying at the Centre for Transnational Legal Studies (CTLS) enrol in LAWS50043 CTLS Program
- Social Work Practicum students enrol in:
- SCWK 90050 Supervised Field Placement B Part 1
- SCWK 90051 Supervised Field Placement B Part 2
Paying Your Fees
You can pay your University of Melbourne fees from anywhere in the world. If you have difficulty paying on time, don’t ignore the problem. Promptly contact MGM and we may be able to negotiate an extension.