Inbound students Study Abroad and Exchange at the University of Melbourne
- Exchange funding
- Australian Government Grants
- Study Abroad funding
- OS-HELP Loans FAQs
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship
- New Colombo Plan Scholarship 2018*NEW*
- Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Other funding opportunities
The late Professor Alan Gilbert
The Alan Gilbert Mobility Scholarship
The Alan Gilbert Mobility Scholarship is a travelling scholarship established to honour the memory of the late Professor Alan Gilbert, former Vice Chancellor of the University of Melbourne (1996-2004). It is intended to assist students wishing to study overseas as part of their studies at the University of Melbourne.
Prof. Gilbert was instrumental in encouraging the University to extend beyond its physical and figurative boundaries to become a truly global institution. He also established the Melbourne Scholarships Program. It is fitting, therefore that his name should be associated with aiding students to study overseas providing life-changing and enduring academic, career, intercultural, personal, and social benefits, an increasingly important part of a university education.
The amount and number of scholarships will vary from year to year at the discretion of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Engagement) on the advice of the Alan Gilbert Mobility Scholarship Committee. In 2014 the amount to be paid is $3,000.00 to one student travelling overseas to study on exchange for one year for credit to a University of Melbourne degree. The study overseas may commence in either semester 2, 2014 or semester 1, 2015.
To be eligible for an Alan Gilbert Mobility Scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled in a degree or diploma at the University of Melbourne either full-time or part-time;
- have a weighted average mark of at least 65%;
- have capacity in your course to credit the proposed study;
- have demonstrated leadership capacity;
- show a public-spirited approach to community engagement; and
- how you will benefit from an overseas study experience.
In 2014 the due date for applications, for travel between August 2014 and July 2015, is Friday, 20 June 2014. To apply for the Scholarship, download the application form, complete it in full, print and sign it and attach your supporting statement.
Submit your application to Melbourne Scholarships by scanning it and emailing it to:
Melbourne Scholarships will notify you within four weeks of application closing dates.
Date created: 1 February 2011 Last modified: (none) Authoriser: Associate Director, Global Mobility Maintainer Melbourne Global Mobility Email: email@example.com