Inbound students Study Abroad and Exchange at the University of Melbourne

Providing your overseas contact details

To advise the appropriate Australian diplomatic post of your overseas contact details:

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has an online registration service for Australians overseas. It is strongly recommended that you make use of this service as you prepare to travel and also once you arrive at your host institution and have a permanent address.

To advise Melbourne Global Mobility of your overseas contact details:

It is also important to notify Melbourne Global Mobility of your contact details once you have arrived at the host institution. You can so do in writing by using the following steps:

  1. Navigate to

  2. Under ‘Current Students’ select ‘Submit an enquiry’

  3. Label your enquiry as ‘Overseas Contact Details’ and include your Student ID under ‘Enquiry Title’

  4. Under ‘Topic’ select ‘Course Planning’ and then click the box again to select ‘Exchange/Study Abroad – outgoing.’ Then submit your message.