Endeavour Mobility Grants - 2017 Round
Applications are now open for the 2017 Endeavour Mobility Grants. This Australian Government initiative promotes access and participation in undergraduate and postgraduate student mobility programs to destinations across the globe.
How does it work?
Funding is offered for Australian undergraduate and postgraduate students to undertake international study opportunities that contribute to their Australian qualification. Academic Divisions are invited to apply for this funding by submitting grant applications for projects under the following two Endevaour mobility schemes:
- Study Overseas Short-term Mobility Programme (STMP) – Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Asia Postgrad Programme – Postgraduate
Faculties who submit an application for funding will be advised the outcome of their applicaiton late August 2016.
Study Overseas Short-term Mobility Program
The Study Overseas Short-term Mobility Programme (STMP) provides short-term grants, valued at $2,000, for undergraduate and postgraduate students to undertake study overseas that is for Academic Credit or is otherwise a mandatory component of the student’s course.
These grants are available to any discipline area and must be used to support students to participate in short-term (less than six months) in a relevant field or course of study in eligible destinations other than Asia.
Funding is for STMP projects that depart between 1 January 2017 – 1 March 2018. More information, including eligible destinations, can be found here.
The Asia Postgraduate Program (Asia Postgrad) provides short term grants, valued at between $2,000 - $3,000, for postgraduate students to undertake study in Asia that is for academic credit, or is otherwise a mandatory component of the student’s course. Semester length grants are also available and are valued at $5,000.
Asia Postgrad grants can be awarded to studenst from any discipline, but must be used to support students participation in projects in eligible Asian destinations only.
Funding is for short term projects that depart between 1 January 2017 – 1 March 2018 or long term projects that depart between 1 January 2017 – 31 August 2018. More information, including eligible destinations, can be found here.
How to lodge a funding application
- Review the 2017 Endeavour Mobility Guidelines, and make sure your proposed project fits within the eligibility criteria for either Short-term Mobility or Asia Postgrad funding;
- Download the appropriate internal grant application form for either STMP or AsiaPostgrad;
- Discuss your application with relevant stakeholders in your faculty (ASO, FGM etc);
- If you have a program that you think would benefit from the funding and satisfies all the eligibility criteria, contact Associate Director, Global Mobility Programs, Davina Potts, to discuss your application;
- Complete the internal grant application form, returning this to Melbourne Global Mobility no later than 5pm on Tuesday 24 May 2016 (previously advertised as Wednesday 25 May).
Questions regarding Endevaour should be emailed to Davina Potts at Melbourne Global Mobility.